Frame repair is a specialized area of auto body repair that involves repairing the structural frame of a vehicle that has been damaged in an accident. The frame of a vehicle is an important component that provides structural support and protects the occupants in the event of a collision.
The process of frame repair typically involves the following steps:
- Assessment: The first step in frame repair is to assess the extent of the damage to the frame. This may involve using specialized equipment such as lasers or ultrasound to check for any hidden damage.
- Straightening: If the frame is bent or misaligned, it may need to be straightened using hydraulic presses or pulling equipment. This requires specialized equipment and techniques to ensure that the frame is returned to its original shape and alignment.
- Welding: If the frame is cracked or broken, it may need to be welded together using specialized equipment and techniques. Welding the frame requires specific welding rods, shielding gases, and temperatures to ensure a strong and reliable repair.
- Reinforcement: Depending on the extent of the damage to the frame, it may need to be reinforced or replaced.
- Finishing: Once the repair is complete, the frame is sanded, primed, and painted to match the rest of the vehicle. The paint and finish used is specifically designed for use on the frame to ensure a durable and long-lasting repair.
Frame repair requires specialized training and equipment to ensure that the repair is done correctly and safely. iNetwork Auto Collision’s Certified body technicians are trained in frame repair techniques and use specialized tools and equipment designed for working with frames. This ensures that the repair is done correctly, and that the vehicle is restored to its pre-accident condition.
Your request sent.